We wish to thank the 344 Member and Vendor attendees present at the 2014 Equity Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL on October 28-29, 2014. Preliminary survey results indicate this meeting was very productive for all. Thank you for your support!
The 2015 meeting will be held in Atlanta, GA at the Westin Peachtree Plaza ($159/night Member & Vendor discount cost) on Tuesday, October 13th - Wednesday, October 14th, 2015. Click here for the schedule of events. Plan on arriving Monday afternoon/evening, October 12th, as we will hold a reception that evening. The meeting concludes at 11:30 AM on Wednesday, October 14th, 2015.
The cornerstone value of our meeting is to provide members and vendors with networking opportunities. Please review the following meeting highlights and comments from past attendees:
Member Networking Meetings: Members of common business mix and similar sales volume, met to discuss common business issues or industry events that impact every wholesaler.
- Travis Redcher, General Manager, Azusa Wholesale Plumbing Supply / Azusa, CA: "The Network Group Meeting was the most valuable aspect of the two day meeting. It was rare to be able to speak candidly with other business owners similar to mine. Members were willing to share strategy proven successful for their businesses and pitfalls to watch out for. I don't know any other place where I could meet with people who are dealing with the same issues I am."
- Robert Gade, Sales Manager, Paramount Supply Co. / Lincoln, NE: "Gained new ideas and made new friends."
- Jeff King, Manager, Best Supply, Inc., New Bedford / MA: "Enjoyed sitting down with people that have the same everyday problems that I have. Equity did a good job with putting us in meetings with the type and size of business we have. I left with some really good ideas"
- John Landrum, Landrum Supply Company, Augusta / GA: "It is always thought provoking to network with other wholesalers and I got the one great takeaway idea that makes a meeting worthwhile."
Member / Vendor One-On-One Meetings: Prescheduled meetings provided an opportunity to establish or enhance relationships with key vendor executives, discuss new business opportunities or review open issues.
- Barbara Garcia, President, Bravo Plumbing & Mechanical Supply / Miami, FL: "The One-On-One Meetings with vendors gave us the opportunity to exchange ideas, and express our needs and concerns. We also took advantage of the "Show Specials" to place some good orders."
- Josh Ervin, Vice President, Catawba Valley Supply / Newton, NC: "I value being able to put a face with the vendor. I'll have a contact for future issues."
- John Carter, Manager, Sierra Plumbing Supply / Grass Valley, CA: "Educational exposure to new, or new to us, products. Taking advantage of "Show Specials" and cementing old and ongoing relationships".
Show Specials: 70 vendors offered Show Specials which provided extra discounts and/or extended dating terms.
Please mark your calendar and save the date. We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
John Green, President, New York Replacement Parts / Yonkers, NY: "I hope you do have another annual meeting. I placed over $400,000 in Show Special orders and saved about $25,000! I also have received tremendous response from the One-On-One meetings with manufactures, which will lead to even greater