The 2014 meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport on Tuesday, October 28th - Wednesday, October 29th, 2014. Click here for the schedule of events. We now have online registration available for Members only. Vendors will be invited to register soon. If you have any questions about registration or for assistance, contact Dan Potter at 888-433-2342 x-221. Participants should plan on arriving Monday, October 27 as events start early on Tuesday, October 28. Hyatt Regency reservations are now available online by clicking here.
The 2013 meeting was attended by 151 individuals representing 106 member companies, and 140 individuals representing 70 vendor companies. The cornerstone value of our meeting is to provide members and vendors with networking opportunities. Please review the following meeting highlights and comments from fellow attending members:
Member Networking Meetings: Members of common business mix and similar sales volume, met to discuss common business issues or industry events that impact every wholesaler.
- Travis Redcher, General Manager, Azusa Wholesale Plumbing Supply / Azusa, CA: "The Network Group Meeting was the most valuable aspect of the two day meeting. It was rare to be able to speak candidly with other business owners similar to mine. Members were willing to share strategy proven successful for their businesses and pitfalls to watch out for. I don't know any other place where I could meet with people who are dealing with the same issues I am."
- Robert Gade, Sales Manager, Paramount Supply Co. / Lincoln, NE: "Gained new ideas and made new friends."
- Jeff King, Manager, Best Supply, Inc., New Bedford / MA: "Enjoyed sitting down with people that have the same everyday problems that I have. Equity did a good job with putting us in meetings with the type and size of business we have. I left with some really good ideas"
- John Landrum, Landrum Supply Company, Augusta / GA: "It is always thought provoking to network with other wholesalers and I got the one great takeaway idea that makes a meeting worthwhile."
Based on member feedback, the 2014 meeting will include expanded time for Member Networking Meetings.
Member / Vendor One-On-One Meetings: Prescheduled meetings provided an opportunity to establish or enhance relationships with key vendor executives, discuss new business opportunities or review open issues.
- Barbara Garcia, President, Bravo Plumbing & Mechanical Supply / Miami, FL: "The One-On-One Meetings with vendors gave us the opportunity to exchange ideas, and express our needs and concerns. We also took advantage of the "Show Specials" to place some good orders."
- Josh Ervin, Vice President, Catawba Valley Supply / Newton, NC: "I value being able to put a face with the vendor. I'll have a contact for future issues."
- John Carter, Manager, Sierra Plumbing Supply / Grass Valley, CA: "Educational exposure to new, or new to us, products. Taking advantage of "Show Specials" and cementing old and ongoing relationships".
Based on member feedback, the 2014 meeting will include additional time for the Member / Vendor One-On-One Meetings, increasing the number of booth appointments.
57 vendors offered Show Specials which provided extra discounts and/or extended dating terms. Plus, all attending members earned a $250 meeting bonus
to defray travel expenses.
Please mark your calendar and save the date. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!
John Green, President, New York Replacement Parts / Yonkers, NY: "I hope you do have another annual meeting. I placed over $400,000 in Show Special orders and saved about $25,000! I also have received tremendous response from the One-On-One meetings with manufactures, which will lead to even greater